The San Francisco Giants don’t go to arbitration with their players. It’s not worth the potential adverse effects it could have with their players, the thinking goes.
Accordingly the team reached deals with all of their players who were eligible this offseason, the Giants announced Friday.
Here’s who will return on one-year deals:
- Joe Panik, $3.45 million — per Devan Fink. Made $600,000 in 2017.
- Hunter Strickland, $2.5 million — per John Shea. Made $550,000 in 2017.
- Sam Dyson, $2.5 million — per John Shea. Made $2,27 million in 2017.
- Cory Gearrin, $2.5 million — per John Shea. Made $1.05 million in 2017.
- Will Smith, $2.5 million — per Bob Nightengale. Made $2.5 million in 2017.