Zendesk building evacuated due to electrical fire

Firefighters responded to a one-alarm fire in the basement of the Zendesk building on Market Street Tuesday morning.

The fire at 1019 Market St. near Sixth Street was reported around 9 a.m and extinguished by around 10:50 a.m with no injuries reported, according to the San Francisco Fire Department. Occupants of the seven-story building were evacuated.

The fire started in electrical wiring in the basement, according to Lt. Jonathan Baxter.

Firefighters turned the electricity and other electrical components off and PG&E was called to the scene.

Traffic was closed to all vehicles between Fifth and Eighth streets and streetcars and buses were rerouted during the fire.

tlarcher@sfexaminer.com

Just Posted

SF public defender calls deputy shooting ‘preventable and unnecessary tragedy’

Sheriff identifies four deputies involved in incident that killed dog, allegedly wounded owner

Proposed pay raises for City College administrators anger students, faculty

Large increases come as college cuts classes, trims budget

Fatal Mission Terrace fire takes lives of father and daughter

Neighbors mourn loss of family after early morning blaze

Central Subway project projected to run $55 million over budget

San Francisco’s $1.6 billion Central Subway is roughly $55 million in the… Continue reading

Newsom, Becerra lash out at Trump plan to rescind California emissions standards

In a series of tweets early Wednesday morning, Trump said that revoking California’s authority to impose emissions standards will help make cars more affordable.

Most Read