The investigation into the San Francisco officers stemmed from former underage sex Jasmine Abuslin who alleged she had sex with a number of East Bay police officers when she was 17. (Left, Jessica Christian/S.F. Examiner; right, Courtesy Celeste Guap)

The investigation into the San Francisco officers stemmed from former underage sex Jasmine Abuslin who alleged she had sex with a number of East Bay police officers when she was 17. (Left, Jessica Christian/S.F. Examiner; right, Courtesy Celeste Guap)

Two SFPD officers will not face charges related to East Bay police sex scandal

Two San Francisco Police Department officers will not face charges related to the underage prostitution scandal in the East Bay, the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office announced Friday.

News that charges would not be filed was confirmed by SFPD spokesperson Sgt. Michael Andraychak.

SEE RELATED: New allegations surface against SFPD officer investigated for link to sex worker

The investigation into the San Francisco officers stemmed from former underage sex worker 19-year-old Jasmine Abuslin who alleged she had sex with a number of East Bay police officers when she was 17. She also told several news agencies that she had sexual relationships with three San Francisco police officers, but did not mention names.

The SFPD began investigating the officers after learning of the allegations made by the victim. The San Francisco Examiner previously reported that Abuslin initially said she had consensual sex with Officer Rodger Ponce De Leon, but changed her story after speaking with an Internal Affairs investigator with the San Francisco Police Department, who, according to Abuslin, said that her phone records showed she’d first became involved with Ponce De Leon when she was underage.

SEE RELATED: SF police investigating second officer for link to Oakland sex trafficking scandal

The department’s Internal Affairs Criminal Division conducted interviews and served search warrants to determine the level of involvement of the SFPD officers, and while the officers will not face criminal charges there will be an administrative investigation by the SFPD Internal Affairs Division.

“I take these allegations seriously,” Acting SFPD Chief Toney Chaplin said in a statement. “While we’ve completed a criminal investigation, we will continue to investigate and hold members accountable for any violations.”

Police said they will continue to investigate whether any other officers engaged in criminal conduct or violated any department policies.

Untitled-1

Read more criminal justice news on the Crime Ink page in print. Follow us on Twitter: @sfcrimeinkCrime

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

Lers Ros Thai restaurant on Larkin Street in the Tenderloin is one of many throughout The City to have begun offering outdoor dining through the Shared Spaces program since the pandemic began. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
Bay Area counties to shut down outdoor dining, non-essential businesses

Regional stay-at-home order to take effect Sunday, sooner than statewide order announced Thursday

Former Golden State Warriors’ Kevin Durant walks up to receive his 2017-18 Championship ring at Oracle Arena in Oakland on Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018. Durant, now playing with the Brooklyn Nets, will play against his former team at Chase Center in February. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
Kevin Durant to face former teammates at Chase Center in February

Schedule released Friday calls for Warriors to play Christmas and New Year’s Day games

Photo by Abalone Runner/ <a href="https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=74406455" target="_blank">CC BY-SA 4.0</a>
Former Newsom spokesman Nathan Ballard facing domestic violence, child abuse charges

Prominent Bay Area political strategist Nathan Ballard is facing domestic violence and… Continue reading

Construction crews work on new red bus rapid transit lanes on Van Ness Avenue on Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
SFMTA board scrutinizes Van Ness BRT spending

Proposed contract modification would allocate $2.6 million for pedestrian monitors

Mayor London Breed said “I need to hold myself to a higher standard” in response to criticism of a recent meal at a Napa Valley restaurant. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
Breed calls criticism for French Laundry trip ‘fair’

Mayor said she regrets that actions ‘distracted’ from public health message as COVID-19 cases rise

Most Read