Four men accused in a paintball gun shooting spree in San Francisco last weekend that seriously injured a man's eye reportedly recorded their dangerous antics on an iPad as they laughed, a prosecutor said Wednesday.
Larry Massey, 20, and 19-year-olds Thomas Johnson and Corwyn Duvernay, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to mayhem and other charges in connection with paintball attacks at five different locations around The City Saturday night.
The fourth suspect, Master Rhodes, pleaded not guilty to similar charges Thursday. A preliminary hearing for all four men is scheduled for Sept. 17.
During the senseless spree, a 28-year-old man was hit in the eye by a paintball on Geneva Avenue near the Balboa Park BART station. He now might lose the eye, Assistant District Attorney Lili Nguyen said Wednesday.
The suspects also recorded the spree on an iPad, Nguyen added, and were heard laughing as they shot at the victims.
The shooting spree “showed complete disregard for human life and human safety,” Nguyen said.
Defense attorney Franz Fuetsch, representing Duvernay, downplayed the incident as “stupid behavior” that didn't involve real firearms.
A judge set a hefty $950,000 bail for Massy, who had been out on bail for a separate robbery case. Johnson and Duvernay, who also have rap sheets, are being held on $150,000 bail.
Bay City News contributed to this report