Suspect allegedly strikes 62-year-old man’s forehead during robbery

A 62-year-old man was taken to San Francisco General Hospital on Wednesday after a suspect allegedly struck the man on the forehead and robbed him in the Mission.

Around 2 p.m., police responded to a report of a robbery near Shotwell and 24th streets.

When officers arrived, they learned the suspect had approached the victim. The suspect struck the victim on the forehead with an unknown object, before taking the victim’s property, police said.

Officers were unable to locate the suspect. Police described the suspect as a Hispanic male in his 50s.

The victim suffered a laceration to his forehead and went unconscious as a result, police said.

The victim’s injuries were not considered life-threatening, according to police.

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

Bathhouses could reopen under new legislation

New ordinance would amend health code restrictions imposed in 1980s

Japanese American family at heart of beloved Golden Gate Park garden

The Japanese Tea Garden, the oldest public Japanese garden in North America,… Continue reading

Coronavirus cruise ship passengers head to California military base for quarantine

LOS ANGELES — American passengers evacuated from a cruise ship in which… Continue reading

Kicking off the budgeting process with the School Planning Summit

Last week I shared some information about SFUSD’s budget. I mentioned how… Continue reading

SF Lives: A ‘poverty scholar’ gives visibility to homeless people

Houseless, landless and unhoused are the preferred terms of Gray-Garcia and the people she’s aligned with in the POOR Media Network.

Most Read