SF man convicted of attempting lewd act with minors sentenced to two years in prison

Courtesy of San Mateo County Sheriff's OfficeMarlon Monton

Courtesy of San Mateo County Sheriff's OfficeMarlon Monton

The San Francisco man convicted of six felonies related to trying to engage in lewd acts with two teenage girls was sentenced Tuesday to two years in prison and will have to register as a sex offender for life, said San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.

Marlon Monton, 28, contacted two teenage girls on their way to school Dec. 16 and handed them a note that said “hook me up” that also had his phone number on it before driving away in his black SUV.

The girls gave the note to their principal, who contacted police. A San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office detective texted Monton pretending to be one of the teenage girls and they arranged to meet at a Kohl’s parking lot. Monton agreed to bring marijuana and beer.

When he arrived at the parking lot, he had beer and a bottle of “Hot & Sexy Lotion,” Wagstaffe said. He was then placed under arrest.

Monton was convicted July 10 of two felony counts of attempted lewd acts on a child under 15 and with a 10-year age difference, two felony counts of communicating with a minor for the purpose of engaging in a lewd act, and two felony counts of arranging and going to a meeting place for the purpose of engaging in a lewd act with a minor, Wagstaffe said.

Monton returned to court Tuesday and was denied probation and sentenced to two years in prison, Wagstaffe said.

He will be required to pay restitution to the victims and their parents and will have to register as a sex offender for life, Wagstaffe said. He remains in custody.Bay Area NewsCrimeCrime & CourtsLewd acts with a minorMarlon MontonSan Mateo County District Attorney's Office

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

Agnes Liang, who will be a senior at Mission High School, is running for one of the two student representative seats on the San Francisco Unified School District Board of Education. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
Turbulent year on school board leaves student delegates undeterred

Around this time last year, Shavonne Hines-Foster and Kathya Correa Almanza were… Continue reading

(Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
Three people killed in SF shootings in less than 24 hours

San Francisco police were scrambling Saturday to respond to a series of… Continue reading

Muni operator Angel Carvajal drives the popular boat tram following a news conference celebrating the return of the historic F-line and subway service on Friday, May 14, 2021. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
Mayor, transit officials celebrate return of Muni service

Mayor London Breed and city transit officials gathered Friday to welcome the… Continue reading

San Francisco police investigated the scene of a police shooting near Varney Place and Third Street on May 7. (Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)
SFPD shooting may prompt new body camera rules for plainclothes cops

Police chief says incident ‘should not have happened’

Governor Gavin Newsom speaks at a news conference about a $12 billion package bolstering the state’s response to the homelessness crisis at the Kearney Vista Apartments on May 11, 2021 in San Diego, California. (K.C. Alfred/The San Diego Union-Tribune/TNS)
Newsom promises sweeping change in California’s $267-billion budget

John Myers Los Angeles Times California would embark on the most ambitious… Continue reading

Most Read