Firefighters have controlled a two-alarm fire that sparked at a pizza parlor in San Bruno this morning after a car crashed into the building and damaged the gas meter, authorities said.
The fire was reported sometime before 10:30 a.m. in the 900 block of El Camino Real. Witnesses reported the building that caught fire was that of Seniore's Pizza at 992 El Camino Real.
San Mateo County fire dispatchers said that as of 12:15 p.m., the fire had been brought under control. PG&E crews arrived on scene to address the gas leak caused by the crash, utility spokeswoman Brittany McKannay said.
Eddie Grauf, owner of European Car Service, which is located near the fire, said the pizza parlor burned down.
“There were flames 10, 15 feet high,” Grauf said.
He said his building had no electricity and that roads in the area were blocked off as a result of the incident.
County emergency officials said southbound El Camino Real reopened in the area as of shortly after 12:45 p.m., but the northbound lanes remained closed.