At Thursday’s Recreation and Park Commission meeting, six residents will be honored for coming up with the top six best suggestions for improving city parks.
The suggestions were supposed to be “simple, low-cost solutions to improve city parks,” as part of collaborative effort with the San Francisco Neighborhood Parks Council and the San Francisco Parks Trust.
Rec and Park general manager Phil Ginsburg said in a statement: “We solicited ideas from the public because they are the ones who use our parks on a daily basis and who have a vested interest in the welfare of our parks.”
There were more than 50 entries. The top six follow, along with who came up with the solution:
- Improved signage around park trash cans (Lia Smith)
- Big Belly Solar Powered Trash Can at Mission Dolores Park (Gideon
- New Flag at Mountain Lake Park (Kate Scanlon)
- Simplification of class/program registration procedures (Christina
- New doggie relief stations in parks (Laura Cavaluzzo)
- New trash cans at Louis Sutter Playground (Carol High)