Police clear up reports of Interstate 280 shooting

The stabbing of a 47-year-old man in the Bayview district Sunday morning somehow led to false reports that he had actually been shot while driving on the freeway, police said.

A passer-by discovered the victim slumped over the steering wheel of his car near the intersection of San Bruno and Paul avenues. After the passer-by drove him to the hospital, staff there contacted police and told them the victim had been shot while driving on Interstate 280 near the Sixth Street exit, police said.

But a shooting on the freeway never occurred.

Police are still unsure as to why medical staff would report that a stabbing victim had been shot and how the story originated. The victim’s condition is not considered life-threatening and no arrests have been reported.

Just Posted

Faced with safety fears in Chinese community, Breed pins blame on Board of Supervisors

San Francisco’s Chinese community is deeply worried about crime, and Mayor London… Continue reading

Scientists finally know how big earthquakes start: with many smaller ones

(LOS ANGELES) The vast majority of earthquakes we feel come soon after… Continue reading

Jurors replaced and deliberations set to begin again in Ghost Ship trial

Three jurors have been dismissed Monday in the trial of Ghost Ship… Continue reading

Suspect in Embarcadero attack surrenders to authorities on new allegations

Austin James Vincent has landed at the center of a battle over plans to build a homeless shelter

Rocks off! Rolling Stones sound great in Santa Clara

No Filter tour serves up classic hits

Most Read