John McLaren Park, Precita Park, Sutro Dunes Natural Area … do any of these open spaces sound like they could use some cash?
Seven parks are getting the first-ever payouts worth more than $650,000 from of a $5 million fund to fix open spaces.
Anyone was eligible to apply for up to $250,000 worth of fixes to any open space owned by the Recreation and Park Department out of the Community Opportunity Fund that came straight from the pockets of a 2008 parks bond.
Here are the first nominations:
- Precita Park in the amount of $24,450
- John McLaren Park – Jerry Garcia Amphitheater in the amount of $25,000
- John McLaren Park – Peru Street Playground in the amount of $239,182
- Geneva Community Garden in the amount of $234,764
- Sutro Dunes Natural Area in the amount of $12,600
- Panhandle Park in the amount of $88,920
- Pioneer Park in the amount of $35,000
The Recreation and Park Commission will vote on whether they agree with the choices at their next meeting Dec. 2