Have questions about parking, Muni or traffic this weekend. Here’s the lowdown on what you can expect:
On Thanksgiving Day, Muni will operate on a Sunday schedule.
On Friday, Muni will operate on a regular weekday schedule. However, no express lines will be running—only local.
On Thanksgiving Day, the following parking regulations will not be enforced anywhere in the city: parking meters, seven-day street sweeping, residential parking permits, Monday–Friday daytime street sweeping, and commuter towaway.
On Friday, parking meters and seven-day street sweeping will be enforced citywide. Residential parking permits, Monday–Friday daytime street sweeping, and commuter towaway will not be enforced.
Street Closures and Traffic
The 5k Turkey Day Run will start at 8 a.m. at AT&T Park, lead out along the waterfront and turn back prior to the Ferry Building.
The following street closures will be required for the run:
- Terry A. Francois Boulevard at 3rd Street and South Street will be closed from 5 p.m. Nov. 23 to 1 p.m. Nov 24.
- 3rd Street between Terry A. Francois Boulevard and King Street will be closed from 6 to 9 a.m. Nov 24.
- Northbound Embarcadero between 2nd and Don Chee Way will be closed from 6 to 9 a.m. Nov 24.
The N-Judah and the T-Third Muni will be rerouted from 6 to 9 a.m.
An event being hosted by San Francisco Rescue Mission will cause Jones Street between Eddy and Turk streets to be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday.
The 27th annual tree lighting will take place at 6 p.m. at Union Square Plaza, closing down the following streets between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m.:
- Geary Street between Powell and Stockton streets
- Powell Street between Geary and Post streets
- Stockton Street between Geary and Post streets
- Post Street between Powell and Stockton streets
SEE RELATED: 5 million Californians predicted to travel by car this Thanksgiving weekend