Man, woman killed Thursday night in separate homicides are ID’d

A man shot and killed in San Francisco’s Outer Mission neighborhood on Thursday has been identified as 20-year-old Jose Soriano, according to the Medical Examiner’s Office.

Soriano was one of two people shot at the corner of Mission Street and Geneva Avenue around 11:55 p.m., according to police.

The other victim, an 18-year-old woman, suffered injuries not considered life-threatening, while Soriano died shortly after arriving at a hospital, police said.

Soriano’s city of residence was not determined yet by the Medical Examiner’s Office.

Police said they arrested three suspects in connection with the fatal shooting but said they were not releasing their identities as of Monday morning. The suspects were previously described as a 20-year-old man, an 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl.

Soriano was the second person to die in a homicide Thursday night in San Francisco.

Gwendolyn Bess, a 56-year-old San Francisco resident, was stabbed in the 2000 block of Sutter Street around 9:25 p.m., according to police.

Bess was pronounced dead at the scene and a 39-year-old man was arrested in connection with the stabbing.

Police said Monday they were not releasing his identity yet.

Untitled-1

Read more criminal justice news on the Crime Ink page in print. Follow us on Twitter: @sfcrimeink

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

City Attorney seeks to recoup ‘illegal profits’ gained by Walter Wong through city contracts

San Francisco will seek to recover “illegal profits” gained by well-known permit… Continue reading

UPDATED: Union weighing legal action after Police Commission vote to expand use-of-force policy

Commissioners directed Police Department to bypass meet-and-confer process with SFPOA

Free Muni for Youth program expansion halted by SFMTA budget crisis

Low- and moderate-income kids can still travel for free

Newsom orders multiple counties to shut down bars, indoor restaurants as COVID-19 cases rise

As confirmed cases of COVID-19 rise in California, Gov. Gavin Newsom on… Continue reading

Most Read