A 31-year-old man died in Concord this June from injuries related to a 2005 shooting in San Francisco, marking the 33rd homicide case of the year for The City’s police.
The man, identified by the Contra Costa County Coroner’s Office as Vincent Dietz, was paralyzed when he was shot Nov. 6, 2005 inside a van near The Embarcadero and Bay Street, police said.
Dietz was a quadriplegic as a result of the shooting and died June 29 from sepsis related to infected bed sores, according to the Coroner’s Office. He was taken from his home in Concord to John Muir Medical Center, where he died.
The Coroner’s Office was working to determine the manner of death since June. Police were notified earlier this month that it was homicide.
No suspects were arrested in connection with the shooting, Officer Albie Esparza said.
Since police were notified of Dietz’s killing, one other homicide has occurred in San Francisco.
Read more criminal justice news on the Crime Ink page in print. Follow us on Twitter: @sfcrimeink