Man charged in robberies at Asian restaurants

Oakland police said Friday that a suspect has been charged with 57 felonies in connection with a string of robberies at Asian restaurants in Oakland and other nearby cities.

Police identified the suspect as Lance Lindquest and said he was arrested Sunday.

Police said they will announce the identity of another suspect and release additional details at a news conference at 3 p.m. Friday.

On Dec. 21, Oakland police said a $25,000 reward was being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of two or three suspects they believe were responsible for a series of armed robberies at Asian restaurants in Oakland, Berkeley and San Leandro.

Oakland police Sgt. Rebecca Campbell described the incidents as takeover robberies in which the suspects robbed the cash registers at the restaurants as well as restaurant customers.

No one was injured in any of the incidents and no shots were fired, but the suspects carried silver and black handguns as well as a long gun or “Tommy Gun,” Campbell said.

Oakland police spokesman Roland Holmgren said the suspects are considered to be armed and dangerous.

There also have been recent armed robberies at Asian restaurants in Albany and El Cerrito, but Campbell said she doesn’t think the same suspects were involved in those incidents.

Bay City News

Bay Area NewsLocal

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

Former Stockton Mayor Michael Tubbs spoke to San Francisco’s new Guaranteed Income Advisory Group on April 16. (Courtesy SFGOV)
City launches task force to explore Universal Basic Income programs

San Francisco on Friday launched a guaranteed income task force that could… Continue reading

Muni’s K-Ingleside line will return six months earlier than previously announced. <ins>(Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)</ins>
K-Ingleside train to return on May 15

Announcement comes on the heels of pressure from Supervisor Myrna Melgar

Demonstrators march from Mission High School towards the San Francisco Police station on Valencia Street. (Jordi Molina/ Special to the S.F. Examiner)
Vigil, march honors those killed by police

Deaths of Daunte Wright, Roger Allen and others prompt renewed calls for defunding

A Recology employee stands at the comapany’s recycling facility on Pier 96 in 2016. (Jessica Christian/2016 S.F. Examiner)
Nuru scandal: Feds charge second former Recology executive with bribery

A second former Recology executive is facing charges for allegedly bribing ex-Public… Continue reading

Skier Andy Padlo crosses a frozen Spicer Reservoir. (Courtesy photo)
Stormy weather tests skiers’ mettle on Dardanelle traverse

Overcoming challenges makes outings more rewarding

Most Read