Man attacked in his home after inviting suspect over

A man was attacked in his Noe Valley home Monday night after he invited another man over, San Francisco police said.

The 39-year-old victim had met the first suspect, described as a man around 25 years old, earlier in the evening and invited him to come by his home in the 1200 block of Castro Street, police said.

The suspect arrived around 10:15 p.m., but as he entered the home and began talking with the victim, a second man entered.

Police said the first suspect then held the victim down while the second man searched through the unit. The two suspects then attacked the victim before fleeing.

The victim was taken to a hospital with unspecified injuries and is expected to survive, police said.

No arrest has been reported in the case as of Tuesday morning.

Untitled-1

Read more criminal justice news on the Crime Ink page in print. Follow us on Twitter: @sfcrimeink

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

SF police shoot burglary suspect in Mission District

Man allegedly attacked officers before being shot in first on-duty SFPD shooting since June 2018

Not even heavy rain can stop the 25th annual SantaCon

Jolly, drunken fun event for Santas is the ‘least wonderful time of the year’ for many locals

Ronen says $100M service expansion is ‘going to fix’ SF’s mental health crisis

Compromise mental health plan has backing of mayor, full Board of Supervisors

Civil liberties lawyer files to take on Pelosi

A San Francisco-based civil liberties lawyer, progressive advocate, DJ and poet is… Continue reading

Supes sound off against bill increasing housing density near transit hubs

Senator Wiener calls resolution opposing SB 50 ‘little more than symbolic political theater’

Most Read