Glen Park cottage fire displaces two people and a dog

A fire apparently caused by a gas stove displaced two people and a dog from a cottage in San Francisco’s Glen Park neighborhood early Monday morning, the San Francisco Fire Department reported.

The blaze was reported to the fire department at 12:21 a.m. and responders were on the scene at 1317 Bosworth St. two minutes later, the Fire Department said.

Because the impacted structure was a cottage behind a residence at that address, it took firefighters several minutes to find the fire before they could begin dousing it with water.

A gas stove had somehow caught fire on the cottage’s first floor and the flames got into the building’s wall, climbing to the second floor.

The two trucks, two engines, and battalion chief that responded to the one-alarm fire contained it by about 12:30 a.m.

No one was injured in the fire.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist two people and a German Shepherd that were displaced, SFFD said.

An initial damage estimate has not yet been determined.

Bay Area NewsLocalneighborhoodsSan FranciscoSFFD

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

New plan provides a road map to better transit for Bayview residents

SFMTA to review suite of 101 projects designed to improve community safety and access

Mandelman bringing bathhouses back to The City

New ordinance would amend health code restrictions imposed in 1980s

Bernie Sanders draws large crowd at Richmond rally

Democratic presidential candidate U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders drew a large crowd at… Continue reading

Quarantined ship passengers sequestered at Travis Air Force Base

More than a dozen have tested positive for coronavirus

Japanese American family at heart of beloved Golden Gate Park garden

The Japanese Tea Garden, the oldest public Japanese garden in North America,… Continue reading

Most Read