Who gets the most money from lobbyists this election cycle? You’ll notice that the list, created by OpenSecrets, is headed by three Democratic senators whose shelf-life may be running out.
- Candidate Race Total
- Patty Murray (D-Wash.) WAS2 $665,950
- Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) ARS2 $494,701
- Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) ALS2 $467,991
- Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) NYS2 $363,938
- Richard Burr (R-N.C.) NCS2 $352,693
- Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) IAS1 $348,150
<li>Harry Reid (D-Nev.) NVS2 $998,054
Patty Murray’s high rank is particularly interesting — she has been slammed recently for all of the successful access-trading her former staffers do once they become lobbyists.