In the latest round of independent expenditures, the SEIU hammers the scandal-stricken opponent of Rep. Betty Sutton, D-Ohio, and the NRA makes a six-figure ad buy in Washington State to help out Dino Rossi, R. Also, after weeks of small Internet expenditures, the Senate Conservatives Fund buys ads to help Ken Buck, R, in Colorado.
Also, a massive expenditure by a public-sector union against Mike Fitzpatrick, R, who leads in his bid to unseat Rep. Patrick Murphy, D.
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees:
- PA-8 (Murphy): $628,000 for radio ads against Mike Fitzpatrick, R.
National Right to Life:
Various mailers, including
- FL-SEN (open, LeMieux): $49,000 to support Marco Rubio, R.
- IN-SEN (open, Bayh): $116,000 to support Dan Coats, R.
- MI-7 (Schauer): $28,000 for mailers against Tim Walberg, R.
- NV-3 (Titus): $25,000 for mailers against Joe Heck, R.
- OH-13 (Sutton): $197,000 for radio ads against Tom Ganley, R.
- WI-7 (open, Obey): $1,000 for the SEIU to run a phone bank to support Julie Lassa, D.
NRA Political Victory Fund
- WA-SEN: $138,000 for television ads to support Dino Rossi, R.
- WI-SEN: $284,000 for television ads to support Ron Johnson, R.
- IL-SEN: $14,000 for voter contact phone calls to support Mark Kirk, R.
- PA-SEN (open, Specter): $292,000 for television ads against Joe Sestak, D.
- MO-SEN (open, Bond): $313,000 for television ads against Robin Carnahan, D.
- WA-SEN: $785,000 for television ads against Sen. Patty Murray, D.
- NV-SEN: $344,000 for television ads against Sen. Harry Reid, D.
Senate Conservatives Fund
- CO-SEN (Bennet): $159,000 for television ads to support Ken Buck, R.
We Love USA PAC
- FL-22 (Klein): $10,000 for billboards and $3,600 for mailers to support Alan West, R.
Club for Growth PAC
- SC-5: $209,000 for television ads against Rep. John Spratt, D.
Club for Growth Action
- PA-SEN: $4,200 for mailers to support Pat Toomey, R and $324,000 for television ads against Joe Sestak, D.
- CO-SEN: $4,200 for mailers to support Ken Buck and $280,000 for television ads against Sen. Michael Bennet, D.
- NV-SEN: $169,000 for television ads against Sen. Harry Reid, D.
- MO-SEN: $42,000 for a media buy against Roy Blunt, R.
- CO-SEN: $94,000 for television ads against Ken Buck, R.
Credit Union National Association PAC (CULAC)
- SD-AL: $143,000 for television ads to support Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, D.
- NV-SEN: $152,000 for direct mail to support Sen. Harry Reid, D.
- CO-4 (Markey): $117,000 for radio ads to support Cory Gardner, R.
<strong>Defenders of Wildlife:
- NM-2 (Teague): $460,000 for television ads against Steve Pearce, R.
New Prosperity Foundation
- WI-7 (open, Obey): $25,000 for radio ads against Julie Lassa, D.
- IN-2: $50,000 for radio ads and $80,000 in television ads against Rep. Joe Donnelly, D.
- IN-3 (open, vacant): $12,500 for radio ads against Tom Hayhurst, D.
- IN-9: $50,000 for radio ads against Rep. Baron Hill, D.
- IL-SEN (open, Burris): $145,000 for milers against Alexi Giannoulias, D.