In this installment, the teachers’ unions make two huge, $500k-plus ad buys against Republican House candidates. Plus, Crossroads GPS lays down $1 million against Alexi Giannoulias.
American College of Surgeons Professional Association PAC
- IL-SEN (open, Burris): $90,030 for radio ads to support Mark Kirk, R.
- MI-7 (Schauer): $28,130 for mailers against Tim Walberg, R.
- NV-3: $25,000 for mailer against Joe Heck, R.
NEA Fund for Children and Public Education
- AZ-5: $650,000 for ads against Dave Schweikert, R.
- OH-13: $550,000.00 for ads against Tom Ganley, R.
- KY-SEN (open, Bunning): $87,000 for television ads against Jack Conway, D.
- IL-SEN (open, Burris): $1.1 million for ads against Alexi Giannoulias, D.
Freedom’s Defense Fund:
- NJ-6: $10000.00 for ads against Rep. Frank Pallone, D.
- CO-SEN: $768,000 for ads against Michael Bennet, D.
- MO-SEN (open, Bond): $32,000 for mailers against Roy Blunt, D.
Safari Club International PAC:
- AK-SEN (Murkowski): $20,000.00 for online ads supporting Joe Miller, R.
- WA-SEN (Murray): $20,000.00 for online ads supporting Dino Rossi, R.
- NH-SEN (open, Gregg): $12,500.00 for online ads supporting Kelly Ayotte, R.
- NH-2 (open, Hodes): $6,000.00 for online ads supporting Charlie Bass, R.
- NH-1 (Shea-Porter): $6,000.00 for online ads supporting Frank Guinta, R.
Campaign for Working Families:
- OH-1: $121,000 for ads to support Steve Chabot, R.
CULAC: PAC of the Credit Union National Association:
- OR-5: $34,000 for mailers to support Rep. Kurt Schrader, D.
Americans United for Life Action
- PA-3: $12,000 for radio ads against Rep. Kathleen Dahlkemper, D.
- FL-8: $16,000 for radio ads against Rep. Alan Grayson, D.
American Academy of Ophthalmology PAC
- MN-3: $ 65,000 for radio ads to support Rep. Erik Paulsen, R.
- VA-2: $65,000 for radio ads to support Rep. Glenn Nye, D.
National Federation of Independent Business
- NH-SEN (open, Gregg): $34,000 for radio ads to support Kelly Ayotte, R.
- NH-1: $34,000 for radio ads supporting Frank Guinta, R.
- NH-2: $34,000 for radio ads supporting Charlie Bass, R.
- NM-1 (Heinrich): $50,000 for ads to support Jon Barela, R.
Tea Party Express
- NV-SEN: $14,000 for online advertising to support Sharron Angle, R.
Advancing Wisconsin, Inc.:
- WI-7 (open, Obey): $7,000 for “literature” to support Julie Lassa, D.
Americans for New Leadership
- NV-SEN: $47,000 for ads against Sen. Harry Reid, D.