When it comes to political spending, it’s not just the big guys who get into the game — there are plenty of small fries, too, making smaller ad buys and sending out mailers. Today’s installment of outside group campaign spending includes a few lesser-known names and a union-backed six-figure ad buy. Oh, and a “bus-wrap.”
The Coalition to Protect Seniors:
- NV-SEN: $34,400 for mailers against Sen. Harry Reid, D.
- WA-SEN: $36,500 for mailers against Sen. Patty Murray, D.
- NV-3: $2,700 for mailers against Rep. Dina Titus, D.
- TX-23: $8,800 for a TV ad against Rep. Ciro Rodriguez, D.
- CA-SEN: $60,000 for ads and $9,000 for a bus-wrap to support Carly Fiorina, R.
- OR-4 (DeFazio): $86,000 for ads to support Arthur Robinson, R.
- MI-7 (Schauer): $100,000 for TV ads against former Rep. Tim Walberg, R.