Everyone on Capitol Hill is scrambling to find out what exactly is contained in the House's nearly 2,000 page health care bill. The House Republican Conference has put together an extensive list of all the new boards, bureaucracies, commissions, and programs conatained in the bill — and the list runs to 111 items. Some highlights:
10. Mechanism for insurance risk pooling to be established by Health Choices Commissioner (Section 306(b), p. 194)
18. Demonstration program providing reimbursement for “culturally and linguistically appropriate services” (Section 1222, p. 617)
32. Demonstration program for approved teaching health centers with respect to Medicare GME (Section 1502(d), p. 933)
75. Grant program for reducing the student-to-school nurse ratio in primary and secondary schools (Section 2536, p. 1462)
92. Personal Care Attendant Workforce Advisory Panel (Section 2589(a)(2), p. 1624)
…and so on.