Via RealClearPolitics, we have this week’s gubernatorial polls:
- Rasmussen: Florida — Scott (R) by 3.
- EPIC-MRA: Michigan — Snyder (R) by 22.
- Rasmussen : Wisconsin – Walker (R) by 3.
Thursday, August 26
- Rasmussen: California — Whitman (R) by 8.
- Franklin Marshall: Pennsylvania — Corbett (R) by 11.
- Rasmussen: New Mexico — Martinez (R) by 7.
- Reuters/Ipsos: Colorado — Hickenlooper (D) by 8.
- PPP: Florida — Sink (D) by 7.
- OpinionWorks: O’Malley (D) by 6.
- Rasmussen: Utah — Herbert (R) by 31.
- Rasmussen: Oregon — Dudley (R) by 4.
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: Hawaii — Abercrombie (D) by 12.
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: Hawaii – Hannemann (D) by 17.
- Rasmussen: Illinois — Brady (R) by 8.
- Rasmussen: Texas — Perry (R) by 8.
Note the enormous disparity between the Rasmussen and PPP polls in Florida. Also, it’s important to note that if Republicans want a foothold in Colorado’s redistricting, they’re probably going to have to win back the state House or Senate after their gubernatorial debacle.
The bottom line is that Republicans enjoy leads in some important contests for redistricting. The governorships of Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Illinois, and possibly Florida seem to be within their grasp. All of those states except Wisconsin are expected to gain or lose seats.