Obama 2012 Campaign Manager Jim Messina announced via web-video this morning that, over the last three months, President Obama raised $47 million from 552,462 people for his reelection campaign. To put that number in perspective consider:
- Obama raised more than all of the GOP presidential candidates combined ($35 million).
- Obama raised more than President Bush did in the second quarter of 2003 ($35 million).
- Obama raised more than Sen. Obama did in the second quarter of 2007 ($32.5 million).
- For every job created in America over the last three months, Obama created 12.8 donors.
- For every $1 million Obama raised for his campaign over the last three months, $1.95 billion was added to the national debt.
- As Obama was adding 552,000 donors to his campaign, the nation added 340,000 unemployed people to the work force.