It’s not just musicians who avoid Republicans; designers do it too.
Whenever Michelle Obama dons a brand, PR teams go nuts, says Fox News, but when Ann Romney does it? … Crickets.
“After Romney sported a Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress,” writes Holly McKay in her Pop Tarts blog, “the DVF team went as far as to distance themselves from Romney by reportedly claiming that they were unsure how she obtained the dress.” Fox places the blame squarely on the shoulders of Vogue’s influential editor, Anna Wintour, a prominent supporter of President Barack Obama. This must explain why Bruce Springsteen was seen in that Prada gown last week.
ONE-PERCENTER GOES No. 1
Jay Penske, the insanely wealthy dude whose media company recently bought Variety, has been a naughty boy.
He’s young, handsome and the son of billionaire NASCAR racing mogul Roger Penske, but he ain’t no redneck. Nope, when he pees in a woman’s boots, he does it in Nantucket.
He and his brother were accused of breaking into a yacht club and assaulting two women in the parking lot, and Jay has been accused of allegedly relieving himself in one of the women’s kickers. On Monday, the pair got pretrial probation and were told to please “refrain from alcohol abuse,” according to the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror.
Who says rich white guys get special treatment?
CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!
Being famous definitely has its pitfalls, like autograph hounds, public nip-slips and having to date gynecologist-to-the-stars John Mayer.
But it also involves lawsuits, as Justin Bieber keeps learning. TMZ says a Michigan man has filed the following complaints:
- “Bieber stole my credit card to buy him and Sean P-ditty Combs cocaine to use in drug free school zones;”
- “Bieber also got a penis enlargement with my stolen American Express card.”
The same man has also implicated Usher, who he says, “came to my house on the forth of July 2012 and sodomized me with a firework and lit it inside my anal area while blaring kate perry [sic] firework song in my ear drums.”
Will someone please give this man his own reality TV show?
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com
- CBS has reportedly bought a sitcom called “Smells Like Teen Spirit” about an Internet upstart and his grungy, Gen X parents.
- Honey Boo Boo told the “Dr. Drew” show she doesn’t like being on TV, “because fans come up to me and I hate it.”
- Jon Hamm had what is being dubbed a “makeup malfunction” when he was photographed with white powder on his nose.
- James Blunt has announced his retirement from music, but you were probably too excited that the Giants won to really let this sink in.
- It looks like Superman will be leaving The Daily Planet. According to USA Today, DC Comics is going to have the superhero build an online media empire instead.