Hot on the heels of being voted “Most Hated” Hollywood celebrity by Star Magazine, Gwyneth Paltrow has now been dubbed the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” by People magazine.
Damage control? Perhaps. The choice for “Sexiest Man Alive” or the “Most Beautiful Woman” is often a head-scratcher (Bradley Cooper?), so it stands to reason that there would be a big agency-led PR push behind such decisions.
Paltrow is at an all-time low in her career, fan-wise, since she has amassed haters by appearing elitist and judgmental on her website, Goop. She’s also a health food zealot who seems to shun all carbs and fat, even for her children. Her latest faux pas was when she promoted on her site a line of string bikinis for kids. Where’s the beauty in that?
- Mark Wahlberg says he could be persuaded to reunite with The Funky Bunch to raise money for Boston. Alert the Nobel Peace Prize committee.
- “Mad Men” made a boo-boo when it alluded to New York’s famed Le Cirque restaurant before it even existed.
- Milton Berle’s file cabinets full of jokes on index cards are going up for auction.
- An estimated 10 million people “cheat” Netflix by sharing their passwords with other people.
- Yes, there is going to be a reality TV show called “Vanilla Ice Goes Amish.”
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson had to have emergency surgery for three hernia tears he got from wrestling.
- Actress Sara Paxton (“The Innkeepers”) is 25.
- Lead singer Tyson Ritter of the All-American Rejects is 28.
- Actor Jason Lee (“My Name is Earl”) is 43.
- Actress Gina Torres (“Firefly”) is 44.
- Actress Renée Zellweger (“Cold Mountain”) is 44.
- Actor Hank Azaria (“The Simpsons”) is 49.
- Actor Jeffrey DeMunn (“The Walking Dead”) is 66.
- Musician Björn Ulvaeus of ABBA is 68.
- Actor Al Pacino is 73.
- Meadowlark Lemon of the Harlem Globetrotters is 81.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.