Superstorm Sandy has given us quite a window into the minds of the stars.
Take Lindsay Lohan, for example. Here’s what she tweeted about the storm: “WHY is everyone in SUCH a panic about hurricane (i’m calling it Sally)..? Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for peace.”
Meanwhile, Ivanka Trump took the opportunity to deliver a linguistics lesson: “The phrase “hunkered down” comes from Scandinavian word, huka, to crouch and was popularized in the US by Pres Johnson.”
Ricky Gervais, not surprisingly, delivered the funniest Sandy tweet: “This “Sandy” who’s on TV all the time and is blowing the entire east coast, I assume she’s a Kardashian right?”
Can you guess who’s behind each of these?
- “Trump Tower still standing due to last minute, multi-layer coating of hair spray!”
- “The dogs do not want to go outside — the cats have not moved from their beds all day — the horses, donkeys, chickens are all inside — are you?”
- “Upon arriving in NYC, #Sandy has requested that we now refer to her as Saundra.”
- “Grateful my Mom is away from #Sandy and in Algeria working toward peace in #Mali.”
- “Mayor Bloomberg going with zip up neck sweater to fight Sandy. Shows preparedness. Windy: zip it up Storm over: back down.”
(1. Steve Martin; 2. Martha Stewart; 3. RuPaul; 4. Chelsea Clinton; 5. Jerry Seinfeld)
Rocker Carlos Santana wasn’t really dissing Justin Bieber, really
Local hero Carlos Santana wants to clarify his Justin Bieber comments. “Collaborations should only happen between two people who complement each other,” he told DNA. “I cannot go ahead and collaborate with Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber.”
He later posted on Facebook: “My accurate statement was ‘By the grace of GOD, It is not impossible to collaborate (share music) with Mr. Andrea Bocelli, Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber. It’s a matter of the right song and some willingness.’” Phew.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com
- Green Day has canceled all of its upcoming appearances through the beginning of February so that Billie Joe Armstrong can continue his treatment for substance abuse.
- “Octomom” Nadya Suleman has entered rehab for what she says is a Xanax dependence.
- “Bachelor” babe and Ben Flajnik’s ex Courtney Robertson says she is writing a tell-all that will “clear the air” and will be so steamy that it should be called “100 Shades of Grey.”
- NBC has decided to pass on an “Office” spin-off focusing on a Dwight Schrute-run B&B on his beet farm. Fools!