Actor and barfly Sean Penn has a very candid interview in the upcoming issue of Esquire. Without naming either of his former wives — Madonna and Robin Wright — Penn pulled no punches in a discussion of his love life.
“There is no shame in saying that we all want to be loved by someone,” he told the mag. “As I look back over my life in romance, I don’t feel I’ve ever had that. I have been the only one that was unaware of the fraud in a few of these circumstances blindly. When you get divorced, all the truths that come out, you sit there and you go, What the f**k was I doing? What was I doing believing that this person was invested in this way?”
He also admits to staying home alone after his divorce from Wright and getting drunk at 4 p.m. in front of the TV.
See? Sean is just like the rest of us!
Bizarre Justin Bieber murder castration plot foiled by authorities
OK this Justin Bieber story about a murder-castration plot is just too weird to pass up.
According to the NY Post, Dana Martin is doing hard time in New Mexico for the brutal rape and murder of a 15-year-old girl, but he’s also a big J-Bib fan and has an image of the young Canadian tattooed on his leg. Still, being a morally bankrupt violent lunatic, he wants Bieber dead, so he offered cash to two other thugs on the outside to strangle our hero with a “paisley tie” — his trademark — and then castrate him, offering $2,500 for each testicle.
(What, only $5K for Justin’s junk?)
The whole plot was thankfully foiled and the perps were arrested, which is very lucky for Biebs, since the bumbling criminals were found with a pair of pruning shears. Holy moly.
Oops! Britney Spears did it again
Forbes has just released its list of “Top Earning Women in Music,” and powerhouses like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga can all bow down before their queen, Britney Spears.
Apparently major obstacles like falling off the rails, having really bad stylists and marrying Kevin Federline are no impediment for this pop dynamo, who earned $58 million this year from her fragrance, album and tour sales, and her work on “X-Factor.”
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Love was “not amused” by the fact that Sir Paul McCartney stood in for Kurt Cobain at the Nirvana reunion at the 12-12-12 concert.
- A judge gave “Modern Family” actress Ariel Winter’s father temporary control of her finances in lieu of cutting her mother out completely.
- OK, so who didn’t get Golden Globe nominations? “Beasts of the Southern Wild,” “Mad Men,” and “The Hobbit” were all snubbed.
- A Seattle judge has issued a bench warrant for Katt Williams.
- Brooke Burke has announced that she is now cancer-free following thyroid surgery.