10. Sheryl Crow & Lance Armstrong: Granted, Lance didn’t plan it this way, but the timing was still pretty lousy. The famous cancer survivor broke off his engagement with rocker Sheryl shortly before her own diagnosis with breast cancer. While Lance pledged his support, the crisis failed to bring the couple back together. Sheryl recovered with treatment but confessed months later she was still brokenhearted.
9. Reese Witherspoon & Ryan Phillippe: Hollywood’s golden couple seemed so perfect together. But as soon as they announced their separation, Ryan was reported to have had a dalliance during filming with Aussie actress Abbie Cornish — among other on-set hotties.
8. Kate Hudson & Chris Robinson: No sooner had the boho couple split than Kate was widely reported to have fallen head over heels for her “You, Me and Dupree” co-star Owen Wilson. Not to be outdone, Black Crowes rocker Chris wasted no time finding a new babe.
7. Richie Sambora & Heather Locklear: Their marriage of 10 years, an eternity by Hollywood standards, seemed rock solid. But shortly after they announced its demise, Richie moved on — to Denise Richards, a close pal whom Heather had just supported through her split with Charlie Sheen. With friends like these…
6. Pamela Anderson & Kid Rock: OK, so it wasn’t exactly the shock of the century when impetuous on-off couple Pam and Kid called it quits after four months of wedded bliss. But it was an unexpected low blow for Kid to accuse devoted parent Pam of partying and neglecting their collective three sons during the marriage. And his wild night in Vegas wearing a “Bro’s Before Ho’s” shirt didn’t exactly show a lot of respect for the relationship.
5. Britney Spears & Kevin Federline: The night after their divorce was announced, K-Fed exhibited his trademark charm and sophistication by declaring at his sparsely attended concert, “You know I’m a free man, right, ladies? You wanna dance with a pimp?” Soon rumors surfaced that he was hooking up with a porn starduring the last month of their marriage. Brit, what took you so long?
4. Eddie Murphy & Melanie Brown: The pregnant artist formerly known as Scary Spice found out she’d been dumped when friends texted her that her boyfriend arrived at the “Dreamgirls” movie premiere with Babyface ex Tracy Edmonds on his arm. Ouch! Now caddish Eddie is demanding a paternity test to prove the baby’s his.
3. Paul McCartney & Heather Mills: Now we ain’t saying she’s a gold digger, but … accusing the beloved ex-Beatle of excessive drinking and verbal abuse as she vies for a massive chunk of his fortune has made former erotic model Heather hated in the U.K. And no one seemed to buy her heartstring-tugging claims that insensitive Sir Paul forced her to crawl to the bathroom without her prosthetic leg; model Kate Moss noted she had once seen Heather without the leg “jumping around like a [expletive deleted] gazelle.”
2. Travis Barker & Shanna Moakler: It seems like just yesterday they were a happy punk family on “Meet the Barkers.” But when Travis and Shanna split, the gloves came off – literally. Shanna got into a catfight with Travis’ new squeeze Paris Hilton and ended up punching her in the face, then celebrated her single status with a divorce party. Classy!
1. Denise Richards & Charlie Sheen: After her horrifying allegations that Charlie verbally and physically abused her in front of her two young daughters, we were all set to don Team Denise shirts. Then she took up with BFF Heather
Locklear’s ex Richie Sambora, and suddenly we weren’t so sure about her victim story.
Kitty Raymond is an entertainment writer who has a celebrity astrology blog at www.celebastroblogy.com.