Scoop! Stop partying and get to work, Lohan

Sobriety is over for Brandon · Heather vows to fight Paul Scarlett denies diva-like demands for ‘Sound of Music’

Lindsay Lohan’s wild ways are finally starting to affect her work.

Last week, the 20-year-old actress-singer-party-girl called in sick to work on the film “Georgia Rule,” claiming she was suffering from “heat exhaustion” and “dehydration.”

Well, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, which is producing “Georgia Rule,” isn’t buying it. Robinson sent a letter to Lohan and other folks involved in the film calling Lohan “discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional.”

Lohan’s rep said that filming in 105-degree weather for 12 hours the previous day led to a brief stay in the hospital, but several sources told gossip pages that Lohan had been getting her drink on at the nightclub Guy’s the night before.

“You and your representatives have told us that your various late arrivals and absences from the set have been the result of illness; today we were told it was ‘heat exhaustion.’ We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so-called ‘exhaustion,’” Robinson wrote in the letter posted Friday on TheSmokingGun.com. “You have acted like a spoiled child and in so doing have alienated many of your co-workers and endangered the quality of this picture.”

Brandon: Unclean and definitely not sober

Speaking of Lohan-bashing, Brandon Davis is off the wagon … again.

The oil heir, who admitted himself into rehab last month, is back to his partying ways.

The foul-mouthed party boy has been spotted at many clubs, and PageSix.com is reporting that Davis is heading to Saint-Tropez with professional no-good-doer Paris Hilton.

One Los Angeles source stated the obvious, telling PageSix.com: “He is not serious about getting sober.” Well, duh.

The sound of cha-ching Scarlett Johansson is not a diva.

Well, that’s what her PR people are saying anyway.

The actress’ rep is denying rumors that Johansson’s outrageous pay demands cost her the lead role in Andrew Lloyd Weber’s “Sound of Music” revival, which is set to open in London’s West End in November.

“Her people were not ‘pro’ the idea,” Lloyd Webber told The London Times. “[Johansson’s representatives] couldn’t understand why she would want to appear in the West End for $18,500 a week when she could be earning $10 million for a movie.”

“It is true that there were some discussions regarding Scarlett and the production of ‘The Sound of Music.’ But Mr. Webber’s statement regarding the demands is extremely exaggerated,” Johansson’s rep told The Associated Press. “Her management team was simply asking for terms that an actress of her stature would ask for.”

And since he couldn’t get Johansson, Lloyd Weber took the obvious next step. He’s handing the part over to the winner of a BBC reality show. No joke. The winner of “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria” will get a six-month contract.

It’s gonna get messy, folks

Paul McCartney filed for divorce from Heather Mills late last week, hoping for a nice, amicable split.

Of course, that’s right after sources said McCartney called Mills “argumentative” and claimed that her “unreasonable behavior” led to the couple’s breakup.

Hey Paul, say bye-bye to a quiet, private divorce. Get ready for a full-on brawl for your $1 billion.

Thanks to McCartney’s alleged statements, Mills has vowed to stand up for herself in court and tell her side of the story.

“She is hugely disappointed that matters of such a confidential nature should be aired in public and feels it is inappropriate to speak about such delicate matters when a child is involved,” Mills’ rep told The Daily Mirror. McCartney and Mills have a two-year-old daughter, Beatrice.

smansfield@examiner.comentertainmentFeaturesGossipscoop

If you find our journalism valuable and relevant, please consider joining our Examiner membership program.
Find out more at www.sfexaminer.com/join/

Just Posted

Former Stockton Mayor Michael Tubbs spoke to San Francisco’s new Guaranteed Income Advisory Group on April 16. (Courtesy SFGOV)
City launches task force to explore Universal Basic Income programs

San Francisco on Friday launched a guaranteed income task force that could… Continue reading

Muni’s K-Ingleside line will return six months earlier than previously announced. <ins>(Kevin N. Hume/S.F. Examiner)</ins>
K-Ingleside train to return on May 15

Announcement comes on the heels of pressure from Supervisor Myrna Melgar

Demonstrators march from Mission High School towards the San Francisco Police station on Valencia Street. (Jordi Molina/ Special to the S.F. Examiner)
Vigil, march honors those killed by police

Deaths of Daunte Wright, Roger Allen and others prompt renewed calls for defunding

A Recology employee stands at the comapany’s recycling facility on Pier 96 in 2016. (Jessica Christian/2016 S.F. Examiner)
Nuru scandal: Feds charge second former Recology executive with bribery

A second former Recology executive is facing charges for allegedly bribing ex-Public… Continue reading

Skier Andy Padlo crosses a frozen Spicer Reservoir. (Courtesy photo)
Stormy weather tests skiers’ mettle on Dardanelle traverse

Overcoming challenges makes outings more rewarding

Most Read