Not everyone is hating on Lindsay Lohan’s performance in “Liz & Dick,” which is good because she is reportedly “devastated” by the mostly bad reviews, according to The Huffington Post. Do not despair, LiLo! Here’s some Twitter love:
- Bret Easton Ellis: “I’m thoroughly enjoying and consistently amused by Liz & Dick. The haters went overboard on this one.”
- Lady Gaga: “Lindsay Lohan you did a beautiful job on Liz & Dick, Let no one bring u down, Liz didn’t, they always try to knock the greats down a few pegs.”
- Neko Case: “I return to find that Liz & Dick was more tweeted than the election! Does that make Lohans stock like the Confederate dollar in about 1863?”
- Patton Oswalt: “Dear @lindsaylohan: I give you permission to Tweet me to smithereens when I do Lifetime’s CHAZ BONO: THE CRUELEST CUT in March.”
Two and a Half adventists
Angus T. Jones of “Two and a Half Men” has apparently undergone “The Kirk Cameron Effect.”
The young actor grew up on the set of the sitcom and is now denouncing the show as “filth,” citing his born-again Christian values.
Jones made a promo for the Forerunner Christian megachurch in which he states, “If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men’ … please stop watching it and filling your head with filth,” and, “I don’t want to be contributing to the enemy’s plan. … You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can’t. I’m not OK with what I’m learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show.” This could get interesting.
Parental discretion advised
It was inevitable that the foul-mouthed stuffed animal from the Seth MacFarlane film “Ted” would be available at an online retailer near you this Christmas.
The 16-inch plush teddy looks just like the guy in the movie, and has a moving mouth that delivers lines such as, “I look like something you give your kid when you tell them grandma died,” and “C’mere, ya bastard.” Awww.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com.
- Justin Bieber defended his choice to wear overalls to meet Canada’s prime minister, saying he’s not “white trash.”
- Chris Brown shut his Twitter account after a foul-mouthed battle with comedian Jenny Johnson about his relationship with Rihanna.
- Andrew W.K.’s planned trip to Bahrain was canceled by the U.S. State Department after reports surfaced that the hard-partying musician had been named a “cultural ambassador” to the country.
- Nicki Minaj is blaming her poor album sales on a lack of retailers willing to sell her record.