The new Scoop is generally attempting to remain a pretty Kardashian-free zone, but sometimes Kim does something so vainglorious that we must comment.
Here’s a recent quote of hers from The Guardian: “Like, I spoke to a girl today who had cancer and we were talking about how it’s such a hard thing for her, but it taught her a big lesson on who her friends are and so much about life. She’s 18. And I was like, that’s how I feel.”
Oh, we hear you, Kim. Short, 72-day marriages to Neanderthals and people telling you that your butt is too big for your pants are just like a teenager undergoing chemo.
Churl gone wild
Vegas billionaire Steve Wynn has been awarded at least $20 million in a slander suit he brought against the, er, “brains” behind the “Girls Gone Wild” series of videos, Joe Francis.
The 39-year-old smut peddler had accused the 70-year-old billionaire of threatening to kill him and bury his body in the desert over gambling debts.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the jury further found that Joe not only lied about the alleged death threats, but that he “acted with malice,” so the casino magnate could be looking at even more punitive damages. (The mogul promises to give all of the money to charity, minus his lawyer fees.)
At this point, Joe owes more than $30 million in back gambling debts and judgment costs. Know when to walk away, Joe… and know when to run.
The king’s yeeesh
A Bible with Elvis Presley’s name embossed on the cover and filled with hand-written notes inside from The King himself has been sold at auction for $94,000.
Strangely, an item with his DNA on it hasn’t fetched nearly as much.
A pair of Elvis’ soiled underwear, worn at a 1977 concert underneath his trademark white jumpsuit, failed to meet the $11,000 minimum bid.
We aren’t sure what’s weirder … someone wanting to buy his dirty chonies, or whoever it was that originally took them after the show and kept them for posterity.
- The deadly hantavirus was detected after filming in a home featured on “Hoarding: Buried Alive.”
- Nicki Minaj fesses up … She’s not a Republican!
- Jessica Simpson put her tiny baby daughter into a bikini for the cameras. Only a few more months till she’ll be ready for “Toddlers & Tiaras”!
- Katie Couric launched an afternoon talk show aimed at women this week. (What afternoon talk shows aren’t?)
- Philanthropic gadabout Angelina Jolie made a visit to Syrian refugees in Jordan.
- Actress Emmy Rossum (“Shameless”) is 26.
- Singer/actress Jennifer Hudson is 31.
- “American Idol” winner Ruben Studdard is 34.
- Actress Rachel Ward (“The Thorn Birds”) is 55.
- Comedian Louis C.K. is 45.
- Actor Peter Scolari (“Newhart”) is 57.
- Drummer Neal Peart is 60.
- Actress Linda Gray (“Dallas”) is 72.
- Country legend George Jones is 81.
- Child actor Dickie Moore (“Our Gang”) is 87.