When Kanye West rants about being a celebrity and dealing with the paparazzi he sort of sounds like Amanda Bynes when she begs to be left alone yet consistently seems to scream out for attention.
The Huffington Post dissects West’s most recent show in New York, noting that though he famously shuns interviews, he tends to pepper his performances with insights into his psyche.
“I am a terrible, terrible celebrity,” he proudly boasted on stage in a lengthy rant against The Man, paparazzi and how crappy it is to be famous. “I only make music that inspires you to be the best that you can be.” Really?
Would that be “awesome” lyrics such as this apparent salute to baby-mama Kim Kardashian: “Baby, you're awesome / Don't let nobody get you down / Because you're awesome / You don't need to listen to your manager … / You must be tired of running through my mind / Can I come inside? … I'm also awesome …”
If you think that Kardashian is “awesome” and that dating a tabloid magnet doesn’t come with attention … well, yes dude, you are a terrible celebrity.
- Prince, a Jehovah’s Witness, refused to comment on questions from the Minneapolis Star Tribune about his feelings on the recent passage of marriage equality in his state.
- Despite being the richer one, Demi Moore is reportedly holding out for more money in her divorce settlement with Ashton Kutcher.
- Michael Jackson’s molestation accuser Wade Robson says he never actually forgot the events, it just took a long time for him to realize that what happened was abuse.
- Wow, that awesome Bea Arthur nude painting really did sell for nearly $2 million at auction.
- Kelly Rowland admits in her new song that’s she has jealousy issues with Beyoncé.
- Musician Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age is 40.
- Actor Hill Harper (“CSI: NY”) is 47.
- Musician Trent Reznor is 48.
- TV host Craig Ferguson (“The Late Late Show”) is 51.
- Singer-songwriter Enya is 52.
- Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard is 57.
- Comedian Bob Saget is 57.
- Actor Bill Paxton (“Big Love”) is 58.
- Musician Taj Mahal is 71.
- Actress Grace Zabriskie (“Big Love”) is 72.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.