Oy vey! Justin Bieber has done it again. “Anne Frank was a great girl,” he wrote in the guest book at the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, according to multiple sources. “Hopefully she would have been a belieber.”
Um, hard to say, since she really seemed like more of a One Direction fan.
Understandably, Bieber has been ridiculed for his seemingly insensitive comments. But to be fair, Frank’s bedroom has preserved pictures on the wall of movie stars such as Norma Shearer. She really did idolize stars, and it’s not a super-duper stretch to assume that were she alive during this time, she would have been a love-struck tween. “In spite of everything,” she might say, “I still belieber that everyone is good at heart.”
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reebok dropped Rick Ross as a spokesman after his controversial lyrics about date rape, and the rapper officially apologized a day later.
- Too Short is being charged with MDMA possession stemming from his March arrest.
- Warner Bros. is reportedly working on a prequel to “The Shining” called “The Overlook Hotel,” and someone behind “The Walking Dead” might pen the screenplay.
- An apparently clueless Dennis Rodman said he is going to return to North Korea on Aug. 1 and “just hang out and have some fun!”
- Actress Maisie Williams (“Game of Thrones”) is 16.
- Actress Madeleine Martin (“Californication”) is 20.
- Actress Emma Watson (“The Perks of Being a Wallflower”) is 23.
- Actor Seth Rogen (“Knocked Up”) is 31.
- Actress Anna Torv (“Fringe”) is 35.
- Actress Emma Thompson (“Nanny McPhee”) is 54.
- Singer Samantha Fox is 47.
- Musician-producer Linda Perry is 48.
- Musician Dave Edmonds is 69.
- Country musician Roy Clark is 80.