We all know Justin Bieber is a brand, not a person, and he will be chewed up and spit out like so many before him. But for now, his product is closely guarded and regulated. So when mobile app company RC3 released a game called “Joustin’ Beaver,” they soon received a cease and desist notice from his legal team.
Though the company is claiming its First Amendment “parody” rights, the Biebopoly just might have a good case.
First, there’s the beaver in question, which has swept bangs, dreamy eyes and no pants on — just like Bieber. The beaver maneuvers himself down a river through the “whirlpool of success.” He’s in a purple sweater and on a log and holding a lance, avoiding “phot-hogs” paparrazzi and signing “ottergraphs” along the way.
Trademark infringement, anyone?
RC3 filed a pre-emptive lawsuit in Florida before the Bieb machine could file theirs, but a judge ruled that RC3 “cannot exercise specific jurisdiction over Bieber.” In other words, find another venue since he’s from Canada.
Things could be worse for him: “Joustin’ Beaver” could’ve been a porno.
Croc of [blank]
He may be guilty of creating fugly footwear, but Crocs founder George Boedecker insists he is innocent of the DUI charge he was slapped with in August. His “not guilty” plea will make things interesting for his lawyer, because the behavior he exhibited that night was primo.
First, the 51-year-old allegedly told the cops to “go [blank] themselves in the [blank].” Then he said he was “really [blanking] famous.” And when asked for an address, he said, “I have 17 [blanking] houses!”
On the evening in question, Boedecker was reportedly found passed out in the driver’s seat of his Porsche, but he said he hadn’t been driving that night. As he told the officers, his 22-year-old girlfriend was actually at the wheel. You might know her … Taylor Swift? “She’s bat-[blank] crazy!” he added.
And to add insult to injury, the cops noted that the shoe mogul wasn’t wearing Crocs — he was sporting flip-flops. What the [blank]?
- Tom Hanks taped his Emmy to the hood of his Lincoln before heading home Sunday night.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd is refusing to remove the Confederate flag from its stage shows.
- Another old Kanye West sex tape has surfaced, TMZ says … guess he and Kim Kardashian do have plenty in common.
- Chevy Chase told The Huffington Post U.K. that agreeing to be on “Community” was a “big mistake.” That’s a strange thing to say about something that resurrected his career.
- Actor Mark Hamill (“Star Wars”) is 61.
- Actor Will Smith is 44.
- Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones is 43.
- Actor Tate Donovan (“Damages”) is 49.
- Actress Aida Turturro (“The Sopranos”) is 50.
- Actress Heather Locklear is 51.
- Actor Anson Williams (“Happy Days”) is 63.
- Model Cheryl Tiegs is 65.
- Actor Michael Douglas is 68.
- TV personality Barbara Walters is 83.