Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey is so excited about his new Vine app for video sharing that he has selflessly used his own face as a model.
To pimp out Vine’s new front-facing capability, the young upstart has been broadcasting his own visage—well, half of it–as he just sort of stands at various San Francisco locations and stares at the camera. He’s always in sunglasses and sometimes has a toothpick hanging out of his mouth, which is the maverick, Silicon Valley metrosexual equivalent of a pinkie ring.
Dude, you are young, handsome and filthy rich. Must you rub our faces in it?
“Twitter’s beautiful founder is officially scaring us,” says Gawker’s Valley Wag.
- Musician Josh Ritter says he regrets performing at the private Christian Messiah College in Pennsylvania, citing its “exclusionary and bigoted” anti-LGBT policies.
- Aerosmith canceled its Indonesian appearance out of safety concerns after bomb threats to the Myanmar Embassy were thwarted.
- UK tabloids are reporting that Prince Harry is telling everyone that his brother and sister-in-law are going to have a boy.
- An overzealous fan bum-rushed Justin Bieber on stage in Dubai.
- Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull were filming a video in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., when shots rang out near the production. No one involved was hurt.
- Actress Traci Lords (“Cry-Baby”) is 45.
- Comedian Doug Benson (“Super High Me”) is 49.
- Drummer Bill Kreutzmann of the Grateful Dead is 67.
- Director Amy Heckerling (“Fast Times At Ridgemont High”) is 59.
- Actor Alexander Ludwig (“The Hunger Games”) is 21.
- Actor Breckin Meyer (“Franklin & Bash”) is 39.
- Comedian Kamal Ahmed of The Jerky Boys is 47.
- Actor Maxwell Perry Cotton (“Brothers and Sisters”) is 13.
- Actor Ned Bellamy (“The Paperboy”) is 56.
- Actor Val Bisoglio (“Saturday Night Fever”) is 87.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.