Kanye West used to have as much music biz clout as Jay-Z, but that was before Kim Kardashian. The New York Daily News quotes unnamed sources who say that his “popularity is waning and he has become tainted with too many appearances on ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians,’ pictures in the celebrity weeklies, and a girlfriend unwelcome in the world of high fashion.”
Part of the audience reportedly walked out on West’s performance during the 12-12-12 benefit concert, and his upcoming show in Atlantic City, N.J., is anything but sold out.
It makes sense because whenever he does something intelligent, we can’t help but be reminded, “Oh, wait, but he’s dating a Kardashian. What does he know?”
Maybe Kim thought dating the super-respected hip-hop star was going to elevate her stature, but it seems the black hole that is all things Kardashian has merely swallowed up West … and a few moons of Saturn.
Kate Middleton's nurse Jacintha Saldanha blames Australian pranking DJ's in suicide notes
It’s official: nurse Jacintha Saldanha put the blame for her suicide on the shoulders of the DJs who crank-called her when Kate Middleton was in the hospital.
A source “close to the family” told the Daily Mail that one of the three notes that she left was full of condemnation of the pranksters.
To be fair, she also called out her co-workers.
Father of the year goes to Edward Furlong and his six-year-old son's cocaine intake
Perennially troubled actor Edward Furlong was in court again Friday, arguing that he should be allowed to be alone with his son. According to TMZ, court papers show that his ex accused him of exposing his kid to cocaine — literally — and that the drug was found in his 6-year-old son’s system. Furlong wanted to change the custody deal back to his favor, but the judge said no way, and even went as far as to tell the actor that he looked like crap.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baby-bump watch: Kate Middleton, Jessica Simpson … and Jennifer Aniston, who’s keeping mum on her status.
- An inquest into the death of Amy Winehouse will be reopened, citing an inexperienced medical examiner.
- Is Leonardo DiCaprio dating his “Wolf of Wall Street” co-star Margot Robbie? She is a blonde, after all.
- “RHOBH” Lisa Vanderpump’s spinoff reality show based on her West Hollywood restaurant is set to begin airing in January.
- Charlie Sheen’s ex Brooke Mueller left rehab after six days.