Sorry, folks, Brad Pitt still hasn’t made an honest woman out of Angelina Jolie, despite a report that their long-awaited (by everyone but them) wedding would take place at their chateau in the south of France.
According to the U.K.’s Sun, Brad’s parents Jane and Bill Pitt, among other guests, decamped at Chateau Miraval for a celebration, sparking buzz that the nuptials were imminent. Clearly, the official explanation — that Brad was hosting a 50th anniversary party for his parents — was completely bogus.
The buzz didn’t pan out; as a local official explained to Reuters, Brangelina couldn’t legally marry at home per French law, but would have to hit up a town hall to make it official.
But perhaps the paparazzi shouldn’t book return flights just yet: The new speculated-about wedding date is Saturday.
Taylor Swift’s romance with Conor Kennedy is going strong. On Thursday, the 22-year-old singer and her 18-year-old beau posed for fan photos at a barbecue joint in Nashville.
Friends say the country star’s “positive spirit” is helping ease Conor’s pain over the loss of his mother, Mary, the estranged wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. who took her own life in May.
“Taylor has a really generous and positive spirit, and the whole Kennedy family loves her,” one source told Page Six.
“It has been a very difficult time for Conor, losing his mother, and Taylor has great positive energy. She is definitely helping him through this,” added the source. “He is so young and has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, becoming the administrator of his mother’s estate. It’s a lot of work, but he is smart and reliable, and will stand up to the role.”
Still, isn’t there something creepy about Taylor hooking up with a teenager so soon after his mom’s death? It just feels weird and wrong.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Jada Pinkett Smith finds herself, yet again, shooting down rumors that her marriage to Will Smith is on the rocks.
“It seems like that happens at least once a year, or at least once every two years,” the actress shrugged to Essence magazine. “It’s rumored that we’re getting a divorce. But no. We’re not getting a divorce. … Where am I going to go?”
To crash at Katie Holmes’ new apartment, maybe?
- Mel Gibson was spotted with an unidentified beauty outside a sushi restaurant in Beverly Hills.
- Heidi Klum did an ad campaign shoot in heels with a broken toe, per Page Six.
- R. Kelly canceled a gig performing on a Caribbean cruise, claiming he wasn’t paid.
- New parent Kristin Cavallari tweeted that “being a mom is the most incredible feeling.”
- SeaWorld denied Tommy Lee’s allegations that Mötley Crüe songs were played during its shows.
- Actress Debi Mazar (“Entourage”) is 48.
- Actor John Slattery (“Mad Men”) is 49.
- Actress Dawnn Lewis (“A Different World”) is 51.
- Rocker Dan Fogelberg is 60.