One of the perks of being a celebrity chef is that you get to put your name on chintzy cookware sets (Gordon Ramsay) or lackluster frozen food (Wolfgang Puck) and beef up your bank account even more.
Maybe that’s why Guy Fieri was so pumped when he won “The Next Food Network Star,” which has indeed made him a household name with his shows “Guy’s Big Bite” and “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.”
But he might want to distance himself from his latest venture, Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar in Times Square. The New York Times just reviewed it — if you can call it that, since the entire piece is a series of scathing questions posed to Fieri, such as, “Did you eat the food?”
Or, “Were you struck by how very far from awesome the Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders are? … Did you discern any buttermilk or brine in the white meat, or did you think it tasted like chewy air?”
And finally, “Hey, did you try that blue drink, the one that glows like nuclear waste? The watermelon margarita? Any idea why it tastes like some combination of radiator fluid and formaldehyde?”
Number of stars given? Zero.
Dummy & Cher
Cher may have retired from entertainment, but she’s still very active on Twitter. Lately she’s added her name to the ranks of people asking Macy’s to boycott Donald Trump.
While a chunk of the U.S. is petitioning for secession, another petition is filling up with names of people who want Macy’s to drop Trump’s menswear line because he’s a jerk (500,000 have signed).
Cher tweeted, “They don’t care that they sell products from a loudmouth racist cretin who’d lie like ‘his rug’ to get some cheap press! I can’t believe Macy’s thinks he’s the right ‘man’ 2 represent their name!”
As expected, Trump shot back at her: “I don’t wear a ‘rug’— it’s mine. And I promise not to talk about your massive plastic surgeries that didn’t work.” He also advised her to focus on her family (a dig at her trans son, Chaz Bono?) and her “dying career.” Classy.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com.
- Justin Bieber got pulled over in West Hollywood because of his expired vehicle registration.
- O.J. Simpson just got a lien in California for the more than $300,000 he owes in back taxes. Add that to the millions he still owes the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.
- Morgan Spurlock has signed on to direct the One Direction concert movie? Super-surprise me!
- Vinny Guadagnino of “The Jersey Shore” is getting his own talk show, which will take place over large Italian meals at his mama’s house.
- Lindsay Lohan says she has yet to find “true love.” Awww.