The most famous twerp you’ve never heard of has reportedly just signed a seven-figure deal with Chase Records. Austin Mahone, 16, began his viral rise last year, eclipsing Justin Bieber at his own game by covering the Bieb’s song “Mistletoe” and generating more hits on YouTube than the original.
The young Texan looks like a brace-faced kid but sounds like a man, which equals tween gold, especially with lyrics like, “Say somethin’, cuz yer all in my head, like, whoa.” He recently live-tweeted a visit to the zoo to his million-plus “Mahomies” with titillating commentary such as, “AHHHH LIONS!!!” Could Bieber fever be heading into remission?
What rimes with ‘rehab’?
When a celebrity is admitted to the hospital for “exhaustion,” that usually means “overdose, dipsomania, acute ketamine poisoning” or any other “Valley of the Dolls” pitfalls of fame. So when LeAnn Rimes checked herself into a 30-day program for “anxiety and stress” after her 30th birthday this week, tongues began to wag.
Kim Kardashian’s ex Kris Humphries has vehemently denied giving a woman named Kayla Goldberg herpes. Ew.
According to TMZ, Humphries’ reps maintain that she asked for $1 million dollars in hush money before threatening to go public with the lawsuit.
Guess that didn’t fly, because Goldberg’s now officially suing him.
- TV announced that Season 6 of “Jersey Shore” will be the network’s last, but do not despair — “Snooki & JWOWW” has been renewed for another go-round.
- The Huff Post confirms that singer Adele wed entrepreneur Simon Konecki in a top-secret ceremony this week.
- Singer Debbie Gibson is 42.
- Actor Zack Ward (“A Christmas Story,”) is 42.
- Drummer Gina Schock of The Go-Go’s is 55.
- Singer Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze is 55.
- Actor Richard Gere is 63.
- Musician Van Morrison is 66.