Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigned from his job at “Sesame Street” on Tuesday after word spread that another man had come forward and accused Clash of having sexual relations with him when he was underage.
According to TMZ, Cecil Singleton has filed a lawsuit in New York and is suing Clash for $5 million, alleging that he met the puppeteer on a telephone chat line when he was 15.
The lawsuit claims Clash was “preying on teenage boys to satisfy his depraved sexual interests.”
Last week, another man, Sheldon Stevens, came forward and accused Clash of impropriety while Stevens was a minor, but he then recanted his claim after Clash gave him $125,000, the New York Daily News has reported.
Soon after that, Stevens attempted to recant his recantation, saying that he was pressured into doing so and that he now wants to give back the money and stand by his original allegation that Clash had sex with him when he was 16.
LILO’S FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
Looks like Lindsay Lohan is going to have her probation revoked for lying to the cops in Santa Monica.
Her car rear-ended a truck in June, and her assistant played the loyal toady and took the rap. Trouble is, he really wasn’t driving, according to police. Since she is on probation for jewelry theft, she could be looking at an orange jumpsuit and bologna sandwiches very soon.
I’m a genie in a size 16
Could the Kardashian family possibly have a positive effect on women? How else to explain the media’s embrace of the ever-expanding butt of Christina Aguilera?
When she arrived on the red carpet at the American Music Awards, her generous rear end looked drawn on by Robert Crumb, but the singer says she “loves her body,” and she certainly dresses to accentuate it.
Schmoes on Twitter beg to differ: “Did Christina Aguilera eat one of Willy Wonka’s blueberries?” and “It was announced that they are no longer going to make Twinkies. Is Christina Aguilera on suicide watch?”
Haters gonna hate, but at least she now has a body to match that big, wonderful voice of hers.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis publicly made out across Rome this week.
- Jennifer Lawrence says her recent fender-bender can be blamed on the fact that she thought she saw reality-TV star Honey Boo-Boo.
- The Hollywood Reporter has officially apologized for its history of anti-communist blacklisting, calling it “Hollywood’s holocaust.”
- Charlize Theron has shaved off nearly all of her hair for an upcoming role in “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
- Sean Penn may have “hit it off” with 26-year-old singer Florence Welch, but reps insist the two are not dating.