Cherub-cheeked Amanda Bynes appears to be going cray-cray.
First of all, she can’t stop getting pulled over and causing fender-benders. Her license was suspended last month for refusing to take a sobriety test during one of the incidents.
However, that hasn’t stopped her from driving —and the spies at TMZ recently followed her around L.A. in her car, snapping shots of her huffing some sort of substance from what appeared to be a drug pipe. They also chatted with folks at her gym who reported that the young star looked “dazed and began speaking with herself — making comments and then answering back.”
Bynes’ neighbors said they also have seen her talking to inanimate objects. (Are they sure it just wasn’t the dude she was dating from “The Hills”?)
A “close pal” told Radar that Bynes has been urged to go to rehab for substance abuse and other psychiatric issues, but she has refused.
Apparently, the actress has stopped communicating with her agent, publicist and manager, and is “a little girl lost.”
A dark and stormy night
According to The Huffington Post, never-before-heard tapes of Natalie Wood’s sister Lana discussing her sibling’s death have been obtained by CBS News, and they appear to further implicate her husband, Robert “RJ” Wagner.
Wood drowned in 1981 after falling off of a boat on a rainy night near the coast of Catalina. Her death was officially deemed “accidental.” However, the captain of the yacht, Dennis Davern, has insisted that Wagner accidently knocked his wife overboard and then left her in the water to perish.
According to the recording, “It appeared to him as though RJ shoved her away and she went overboard. Dennis panicked and RJ said, ‘Leave her there. Teach her a lesson.’ Dennis said he was very panicky that he was sitting and RJ just kept drinking and drinking.”
In August, the Los Angeles County coroner amended Wood’s death certificate from accidently drowning to “drowning and other undetermined factors.” This sounds like a job for “CSI.”
- More European mags are publishing those topless pics of Kate Middleton, and the royals are vowing legal action.
- Buzz-worthy film “The Master” shattered box office records this weekend, taking in more than $700,000 while screening in just five theaters.
- U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer will be making a cameo on “Parks and Recreation.”
- In an attempt to ramp-up dwindling ratings, Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and, yes, Randy Jackson will host the next season of “American Idol.”
- In a rare show of sincerity, Stephen Colbert told Fordham University how much he loves being Catholic.
- Actress Mia Talerico (“Good Luck Charlie”) is 4.
- Rapper Flo Rida is 33.
- Actor Constantine Maroulis (“Rock of Ages”) is 37.
- Actor Malik Yoba (“Alphas”) is 45.
- Beat-boxer Doug E. Fresh is 46.
- Actor Kyle Chandler(“Friday Night Lights”) is 47.
- Comedian Rita Rudner is 59.
- Director Baz Luhrmann (“Moulin Rouge!”) is 50.
- Actress Cassandra “Elvira” Peterson is 61.
- Actor David Huddleston (“The Big Lebowski”) is 82.