Footage from a documentary about Heath Ledger made in Germany has come to light, and in it his father can be seen thumbing through a diary the actor made while preparing for his role as the Joker in “The Dark Knight.”
“He pretty well locked himself up in a hotel” and immersed himself in the diary, his dad tells the camera, showing a notebook filled with cut-and-paste images of “A Clockwork Orange” and Batman comics. The ledger (heh) was filled with an exhaustive peek into the psyche he thought the Joker might have, and it is an eerie look-see into the actor’s own mental state before his untimely death from an overdose at 28.
Creepiest of all are the words “Bye Bye” scrawled large over an entire page.
- Actress Lalaine (“Easy A”) is 26.
- Journalist Anderson Cooper is 46.
- Guitarist Kerry King of Slayer is 49.
- Actor James Purefoy (“The Following”) is 49.
- Suzie Plakson (“How I Met Your Mother”) is 55.
- Singer-songwriter Suzy Quatro is 63.
- Actress Penelope Wilton (“Downton Abbey”) is 67.
- Singer Ian Hunter of Mott the Hoople is 74.
- TV host Chuck Barris (“The Gong Show”) is 84.
Jermaine Jackson says he wants to open a “Jacksons-themed” hotel in Abu Dhabi called Jermajesty.
Tim Samaras, one of the stars of the Discovery Channel show “Storm Chasers,” died Friday in the Oklahoma tornadoes along with his son and a crew member.
Oh, dear. Amanda Bynes has reportedly purchased more wigs, this time from the Couture Princess line at Disney: Cinderella, Barbie and Belle.
Philip Seymour Hoffman says he just got out of detox for heroin dependency.
A judge ruled in favor of the Anna Nicole Smith estate, saying her child, Dannielynn, is entitled to financial sanctions against the family of J. Howard Marshall, Smith’s late billionaire ex.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.