Now that comedian Katt Williams can be seen on a store surveillance camera hitting a Target employee in the face in Sacramento, he has officially cut a swath of idiocy across our state.
First he was arrested in Oakland for allegedly bashing someone in the head with a bottle, then he was hit with a class-action lawsuit in Alameda County over a missed performance at the Oracle Arena. Then he headed to the state capital, where last week he apparently decided to try to outrun the police on a three-wheeler.
According to the New York Daily News, it worked: The cops gave up the 35 mph chase on pedestrian walkways in the interest of public safety. Winning! That’s when Williams headed to Target.
Does Williams have tiger blood? Because he is totally acting like a bitchin’ rock star from Mars.
Kim Kardashian was just in the Middle East, where she was met by protesters who don’t appreciate her particular brand of infidel. She made comments beforehand about how much she wanted to learn about the region, especially after her pro-Israel tweet sparked controversy.
Kim has been blogging the whole experience, and here are our favorite excerpts: “I just got to Bahrain today. This place is incredible! Prettiest place on earth! Check out these camels”; and, “Loving Kuwaiti designers!” She saved some other wisdom for Twitter: “Camels!!!!!!”; “Got Camels (sic) Milk???”; and, “I love the Pepsi cans here! I hope it’s diet!”
No word yet on her two-state solution.
The hills are, like, alive
We aren’t sure which is more disturbing: the fact that NBC is doing a remake of “The Sound of Music,” or that Carrie Underwood is set to star as Maria Von Trapp, or how much Carrie looks like JonBenét Ramsey.
“She was an iconic woman who will now be played by an iconic artist,” NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt told The Hollywood Reporter.
Yeah, but Von Trapp didn’t have to go through the ruthless berating of Simon Cowell to get to the top. At least the Nazis will likely go easier on Underwood.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity sightings? Email email@example.com.
- The trailer for the second season of HBO’s “Girls” is out. It can be found on YouTube.
- Metallica has regained control of all its master tapes and will release the music on its own label, Blackened Recordings. (We’re guessing they won’t be Cajun-spiced.)
- Mario Lopez and Courtney Mazza married over the weekend in Punta Minta, Mexico.
- “Bachelorette” Ashley Hebert wed J.P. Rosenbaum over the weekend in Pasadena. Chris Harrison officiated.
- Hugh Hefner is rumored to be marrying Crystal Harris, almost 60 years his junior, on New Year’s Eve.