Billie Joe Armstrong is headed to rehab after having a fit when his band’s set was cut short to give more time to co-headliner Usher at a recent concert in Las Vegas.
The Green Day frontman exploded onstage after he was told he only had a minute left to play, imploding at the apparent snub with a slew of curse words and spittle.
He reminded the crowd that he had been around since 1988, and that, “I’m not f—ing Justin Bieber you motherf—ers!” Then he smashed his guitar and stormed off.
A statement on the band’s website said the 40-year-old frontman is going to treatment for substance abuse. The band will cancel some of its upcoming shows meant to promote a new album.
Jack of no trades
James Franco is further proving that he is a jack-of-all-trades, yet master of none. He has written, acted, emceed and painted, all to tepid response.
Now he’s trying his hand at music with a single by his new band, Daddy, called “Love in the Old Days.” Franco says it is Motown-inspired, but it actually sounds like a grizzled Lee Hazlewood talking his way through an acid flashback in front of someone tuning an acoustic guitar.
“I know I do a lot of things,” he told Rolling Stone magazine. “I’m sure there are a lot of skeptical people, hearing about me doing music. … To me, it all comes from a similar place.”
So, what’s next for this blahville chameleon? Maybe a TV show, “So James Franco Thinks He Can Dance!”
You know it’s a slow week for smut when former “Facts of Life” star Lisa Whelchel’s divorce is trending.
The National Enquirer has the right idea, and is instead going with a story on former “Happy Days” star Erin Moran (aka Joanie), who is down on her luck, has been thrown out of her mother-in-law’s trailer in Indiana and is now homeless and allegedly boozing it up Hoosier style.
She just received a judgment for past “Happy Days” royalties, but sources say she will blow through that money before you can say “wide-mouth can.”
Where is Chachi when she needs him?
- “Modern Family” actor Eric Stonestreet tweeted to debunk rumors he was dating Charlize Theron.
- Justin Timberlake took his traveling bachelor party from Vegas to Cabo this weekend.
- Matthew Perry reportedly snapped, “Stop living in the past!” to a “Friends” fan.
- Ben Stiller has sold a semiautobiographical comedy to ABC.
- Lady Gaga says she owes her 25-pound weight gain to Italian food.
- Megan Ward (“General Hospital”) is 43.
- Actress Nia Vardalos (“My Big Fat Greek Wedding”) is 50.
- Actor Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules”) is 54.
- Harriet Walter (“Babel”) is 62.
- Director Pedro Almodóvar (“Volver”) is 63.
- Athlete “Mean” Joe Green is 66.
- Musician Gerry Marsden of Gerry & the Pacemakers is 70.