The NYPD is denying accusations made by Amanda Bynes that officers “slapped” her vagina and otherwise trampled on her rights when they arrested her last week for allegedly tossing a bong out of her apartment window.
Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne told TMZ that they found “no evidence to corroborate” her story and a civilian who witnessed the entire arrest said nothing unprofessional occurred.
Still, Bynes used Twitter to threaten a lawsuit: “I’m so offended but I’m also so educated that I know cops cannot illegally enter my apartment, sexually harass me, arrest me, take me to a MENTAL HOSPITAL, then lock me up for a crime I didn’t commit… Thankfully I’m an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer.”
Bynes was indeed submitted for a psychiatric evaluation amid fears that she is suffering from a bipolar disorder or the onset of schizophrenia.
- A fan got close enough to Beyoncé at her Copenhagen show to slap her butt.
- Daft Punk’s new album, “Random Access Memories,” broke Spotify’s record for most debut streams in a week.
- More Amanda Bynes fodder: She claims that all her tweets dissing Rihanna were done by an imposter.
- Neighbors again called the cops on Justin Bieber for zipping around at “breakneck” speeds in his Ferrari on their quiet Calabasas street.
- Dan Harmon, quirky creator of the show “Community,” is reportedly in talks to return to the show, which has weakened since his departure.
- Singer Melanie “Mel B” Brown is 38.
- Comedian Daniel Tosh is 38.
- Cartoonist Aaron McGruder (“The Boondocks”) is 39.
- Guitarist Noel Gallagher of Oasis is 46.
- Actress Lisa Welchel (“The Facts of Life”) is 50.
- Singer-songwriter Melissa Etheridge is 52.
- Actor Rupert Everett (“Hysteria”) is 54.
- Actress Annette Bening (“The Kids Are Alright”) is 55.
- TV personality LaToya Jackson is 57.
- Composer Danny Elfman is 60.
Got scoops or Bay Area celebrity gossip? Email email@example.com.