UPDATE: Firefighters douse one-alarm Bayview blaze ignited by BBQ

A one-alarm fire in San Francisco’s Bayview District Monday morning was apparently caused by a barbecue and was quickly contained to outdoor property at a residence, fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 8:24 a.m. in the backyard of a home in the 1600 block of Revere Avenue.

No injuries or displacements were caused by the blaze, fire officials said.

Just Posted

Vaping proponents sue SF over language for November ballot measure

Proponents for a measure backed by E-cigarette maker Juul Labs Inc. that… Continue reading

Presidential candidates, national leaders make their case at DNC meeting in San Francisco

Factions of the Democratic Party and the broader progressive political movement faced… Continue reading

City cuts to long-term mental health beds prompt protest

Elected officials, hospital staff call move to short-term beds for homeless ‘short-sighted’

SFPD sergeant accused of pulling false fire alarm at Pacifica police station

Sgt. Maria Teresa Donati under investigation after meeting on homelessness disrupted

Pelosi comes out against JUUL ballot measure

Local Democratic leadership largely united in opposition to attempt to overturn vaping ban

Most Read