Fire at healthcare facility caused by burning mattress quickly extinguished

A fire caused by a burning mattress at a residential building that also houses a health care facility in San Francisco’s Parkside neighborhood was quickly extinguished Thursday evening, a San Francisco Fire Department spokesman said.

The blaze was first reported around 8:30 p.m., at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation at 2043 19th Ave., according to fire officials.

A mattress inside the building apparently caught fire. Once at the scene, firefighters brought the blaze under control within about six minutes, according to fire department spokesman Jonathan Baxter.

The building was occupied at the time, however no residents were displaced and no injuries were reported, Baxter said.

More safe sites for people living in vehicles proposed

“This is not a new model; this is something that’s been utilized around the country.”

Pederson takes road less traveled to return home to Giants

After winning back-to-back World Series titles, one with the Los Angeles Dodgers and another with the Atlanta Braves, Joc Pederson…

Homelessness dipped in San Francisco during pandemic

“Our investments in shelter and housing are resulting in improvements in the lives of people experiencing homelessness and conditions on our streets.”