Nine candidates vying to be the next mayor of San Francisco are squaring off in a debate Thursday night.
The event, which is one of many leading up to the November election, is for the candidates to discuss their stances on open government, technology and civic engagement.
The candidates (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Former SF Supervisor Michela Alioto- Pier
- SF Supervisor John Avalos
- SF Supervisor David Chiu
- Former SF Supervisor Bevan Dufty
- Former SF Supervisor Tony Hall
- SF City Attorney Dennis Herrera
- Venture capitalist Joanna Rees
- SF Assessor-Recorder Phil Ting
- State Sen. Leland Yee