The family of the researcher who died last year after being exposed to bacteria at the San Francisco Veterans Memorial Hospital is seeking damages in excess of $20 million.
Richard Din, a 25-year-old employee of the Northern California Institute for Research and Education, contracted the rare Neisseria meningitidis in April 2012 while working to develop a vaccine for the strand of the disease. Read More
A laboratory at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center has been shut down after the weekend death of a researcher, which was apparently caused by deadly bacteria he was working with, a VA official said Thursday. Read More