A suspect in the hit-and-run crash death of a 21-year-old art student in San Francisco last week pleaded not guilty in court today to a host of felony charges, including murder.
The victim, Luis Armando Prieto, of San Francisco, was walking with his twin brother at Columbus and Vallejo streets at about 2:20 a.m. Friday when the driver of a Nissan Maxima going 70 mph with its headlights off struck and killed him, authorities said. Read More
A driver suspected of killing an 84-year-old World War II veteran in an early morning hit-and-run crash on Veterans Day pleaded not guilty to vehicular manslaughter and other related charges Thursday in San Francisco Superior Court.
Arthur Clark Jr., 20, of San Francisco, is charged with felony vehicular manslaughter, felony hit-and-run, and driving on a suspended license in connection with the Nov. 11 crash that killed Isaac Hudson. Read More
San Francisco police are searching for three men who may have been involved in a hit-and-run crash early this morning that left an 84-year-old man dead.
The victim was identified by the medical examiner's office as Isaac Hudson, of San Francisco.
The crash happened shortly after midnight at the intersection of Alemany Boulevard and Congdon Street, just off Interstate Highway 280 in the Outer Mission, police said. Read More
A motorist who allegedly struck and killed a 4-year-old boy with his van in Oakland and then fled will be arraigned today on felony hit-and-run charges, Alameda County Assistant District Attorney Norbert Chu said.
Chu said he also charged the suspect, 27-year-old Juan Magana, with a misdemeanor charge of being an unlicensed driver and a misdemeanor charge of filing a false police report. Read More
Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who is believed to have intentionally struck a bicyclist and pedestrian in Oakland this morning.
The suspect drove an older, green Honda sedan onto the sidewalk in the area of 32nd and Filbert streets around 6:45 a.m., striking two men, Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. Read More
A judge today ordered a Fremont man found not guilty by reason of insanity for a series of hit-and-run attacks in the city in 2006 to be transferred to Napa State Hospital for treatment.
San Francisco Superior Court Judge Carol Yaggy said 31-year-old Omeed Aziz Popal will be sent to the hospital until his sanity is restored, for a minimum of 180 days and a maximum of 55 years and four months, according to the terms of a July 31 plea deal with San Francisco prosecutors. Read More
The driver who went on a hit-and-run rampage through The City in 2006 will not go to prison for those crimes.
Omeed Aziz Popal, who allegedly killed one pedestrian in Fremont and plowed down more than a dozen in San Francisco, will instead be sent to a state psychiatric hospital.
Popal was found not guilty Thursday by reason of insanity for all of the charges, including attempted murder, that he faced in The City. Read More